Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A week of my Indonesia experience

Still tired from a one week softball tournment in Indonesia, Senayan to be exact. At first I was really reluctant to join the National team, luckily I was able to go, otherwise it will become my worst regrets. Honestly I was hoping that I cant join the team, for any reason. But being there, learning lots new things makes me so eager to join the team in any outings again, if I'm called to play.

To play in that tournament was really an eye opener, taught me alot, new experience, technique, friends gained.

It was a really well organized tornament, played in a stadium with 3 skinned diamonds, nice dug-outs, nice people, makes me feels like home and being among softball crazy people made it even more fantasoftballistic, for whatever that means hehehehe. Anyway games we played were not that tensed, but those games we played demanded more of our mental side of the game than the physical.

Placed in group A, consists of 6 teams, single round robin, we won 4, and lost once to Lakidende the eventual Giants softball Tournament champions, which consist largely of players from the Philippines national team, but that wasnt my excuse. I think they beat us because we gave them too much respect more than what they deserved, which in turn makes some of us nervous. Well that's what I thought, but in that game we lost, though less errors made, our batting wonders wasnt there.


First game score board

We managed to go to the semi against Giants, who again is better than us mentally I think. They beat us 9-5. Also our batting department let us down, though our defense wasnt that bad.

There are much to tell actually bout my experience, since it's also my first ever Indonesia trip, which really makes me feel like I'm home, may be due to the majority are malays. But it was a very good trip. I'm really looking forward for another outing, where ever it will be.


The Champions
The 1st runner-up

No comments: